Compliance programs have emerged and evolved in Corporate America over the last two decades. Twenty years ago, most public companies had limited policies on just a few topics. Of these companies, most were in the Fortune 100.
Times have changed. The laws regulating and governing corporations have evolved. Moreover, courts and government agencies regularly require companies to implement programs where a company may be lax.
Further, the risk to companies from major litigation against private parties, shareholders, competitors and the government has grown exponentially. Comprehensive programs requiring legal compliance is one of the few ways companies can mitigate and prevent liability and enforcement risk.
Stradling’s Compliance Group is a multi-disciplinary group of attorneys practicing in:
- Litigation defense
- Corporate transactions
- Criminal and enforcement defense
- Employment law
- Intellectual property litigation
- Regulatory fields
This cross section of specialists has come together to create a knowledge pool of best practices for public and private companies on topics that subject them to liability risk and oversight by state and federal authorities.
The goal of the group is to provide clients with the best, most up-to-date, and comprehensive set of compliance policies that are tailored to the needs and risks of each enterprise.
Our process typically involves:
- Providing a thorough evaluation of a company’s existing compliance programs, including a detailed analysis of individual compliance policies
- Drafting new policies where the company is lacking
- Providing advice, counseling, and training to clients on compliance-related issues