Represent Ceradyne, Inc. and certain director defendants in four class action lawsuits relating to 3M’s $860 million acquisition of Ceradyne.
Stradling secured a full defense win after a two month trial in favor of its client, an Orange County public company. The plaintiff took nothing, with costs awarded against the plaintiff.
Successfully represented George Yardley Co. in a dealer termination case brought against Johnson Controls alleging price-fixing issues. After a three week arbitration with the American Arbitration Association, the arbitration panel held in favor of our client, finding that Johnson Controls committed a per se antitrust violation, including various business torts and breach of contract. George Yardley Co. was awarded in excess of $3.5 million.
Secured a dismissal on summary judgment on behalf of Stephen Johnson and Sage Hill Partners LLC in a $15 million securities fraud case.
New York University, J.D., 1996
Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1993
Memberships & Associations
- Board Member and member of claims committee, Attorneys Insurance Mutual Risk Retention Group
- Executive Board Member, OCTANe, Co-Chair, Legal Roundtable, Committee Member, High Tech Awards
- Advisory Council, The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Sonenshine Pro Bono Reception, dinner committee
- Former Chair, The Pegasus School, On Golden Wings Annual Fund Campaign
- Former Chairman of the Board, Anti-Defamation League, Orange County/Long Beach region
- Former Executive Committee Member and Co-Chair of Litigation Workshop, University of California, Irvine Law School
- Former Board Member, Temple Bat Yahm
- Former Board Member, Orange County Jewish Bar Association
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Southern District, NY
Central District, CA
Northern District, CA
Southern District, CA