Richard C. Goodman is of counsel to Stradling's Business Litigation practice group.
Richard is a business trial lawyer with dozens of jury and bench trials in matters involving contracts, shareholder and management issues, trade secrets and unfair competition, intellectual property, fiduciary duties, real estate, and various business torts. He is a member of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers, an organization that invites trial lawyers into membership based on reviews by the judges they try cases before and the counsel they try cases against.
Stradling trial team secures full defense win for Orange County public company in $129 million fraud case.
Obtained $17.5 million award on behalf of Mitchell Company following a 30 day jury trial in a case arising out of an anticipatory breach of a long term supply contract.
Obtained a complete defense verdict on behalf of Carl Karcher Enterprises in connection with a complaint alleging breach of an asset purchase agreement to sell an exclusive territory, including 33 Carl's Jr. franchised restaurants. Recovered a substantial earnest money security deposit and attorneys' fees on the cross-complaint.
University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 1970
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1967
Memberships & Associations
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association (Judiciary Committee)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (former board member)
- American Jewish Committee (former president)
- Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County (former board member)
- Anti-Defamation League (former chair of regional board; member of National Executive Committee)
- California International Trade Task Force (appointed by Gov. Pete Wilson)
Central District, CA
Northern District, CA
Southern District, CA
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit